A Boxy Pouch

This week I have a small finish to share. I finally made a boxy pouch! (I have been learning how to put in zippers and how to make various pouches lately.) I followed this tutorial at So Chick! blog.  I found that this project was pretty quick and easy. The zipper didn’t give me any troubles although since it is a vintage zip it is a little sticky for some reason. I also used fusible interfacing that has seemed to crease and wrinkle where the pouch can fold up. You can see it, it annoys me. You see I was going to give this pouch away but now it just isn’t worthy! So it has to stay home with me storing some blocks I am working on. I am still learning… I will try again! 

Fabric is from the Amy Butler Soul Blossom collection, Delhi Blooms in Grass

Linking to finish it up friday at crazy mom quilts

7 comments:

audrey said...
April 12, 2013 at 7:59 AM

This is so cute! (Though I do understand about interfacing woes, believe me.)

What fabric is this? I love the colors!

Leigh Anne said...
April 12, 2013 at 8:24 AM

That fabric is gorgeous!

Rachael said...
April 12, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Very pretty :)
I'm trying to work up the courage to try zippers

Rachael

SuperMomNoCape said...
April 12, 2013 at 1:52 PM

The fabric you chose for this is really pretty. I've had that happen with interfacing too recently and I've been sewing for almost 40 years. It happens to all of us from time to time.

Colleen said...
April 12, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Your pouch turned out really well ! I used the same tutorial awhile back and it turned out pretty good except for the loop with the clasp on it. I don't remember what trouble I had - something with the measurements. Anyways, I decided my pouch didn't need one (it actually does need one). But I think I used a lighter interfacing than you did and it gives it enough structure without the creasing and wrinkling.

Michelle said...
April 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Cute! I've done projects with zippers, but I'm still afraid of them.

Melissa, SoChick! said...
April 17, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Thank you sew much for sharing, Samantha! I think your pouch is beautiful!! XxOo~Melissa, SoChick!

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.