Simply Color Pinwheel Doll Quilt

I can finally share this finish! I love how this little quilt turned out!

I made Miss L a baby doll quilt to match her Pow Wow blanket for Christmas. These pinwheels came from all the scraps that were cut off of the Pow Wow blocks! I had a few struggles with it but in the end it was worth it. The quilt is about a 22 inch square.

SDP-20121229-01

Since I had cut the Pow Wow blocks out of a layer cake I also had some three inch scraps. So I decided to use them as the backing although it was not quite enough but luckily I had a few other pieces of simply color hanging around.

SDP-20121229-02

Little Miss L decided she likes the back better than the front but that is alright with me. Here are a few pictures from Christmas morning. Miss E loves her butterfly doll quilt  as soon as she unwrapped it she needed to find her baby and put her baby to bed. So sweet!

SDP-20121225-55SDP-20121225-52SDP-20121225-59

Dancing/Rocking with their babies. I love these little girls!

SDP-20121225-79

linking to finish up friday at crazy mom quilts.

11 comments:

SarahZ said...
January 4, 2013 at 9:08 AM

What sweeties! Darling quilts, too!

CapitolaQuilter said...
January 4, 2013 at 9:35 AM

So adorable. lovely little treasures you made them, I have a FQ stack of Simply Color and haven't touched it.

What Comes Next? said...
January 4, 2013 at 9:38 AM

how cute! The girls obviously love their dolly's quilts.

Glinda ♥ said...
January 4, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Cute pictures, Samantha and a lovely little quilt - made me smile that Miss L loves the back more!

Turid said...
January 4, 2013 at 10:31 AM

How cute, the sweetest thingy I saw today.

Jean Burke said...
January 4, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Oh my gosh - they are so cute!! And so are the quilts. Enjoy them when they are this little - it goes by quickly! Happy New Year!

Maja said...
January 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Cute girls, and nice quilts!

Susana Neiger said...
January 4, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Oh, how sweet! Dolly quilts are so fun to make, and it's such a treat to watch them get used and loved. Beautiful work. Happy little girls. Nice job.

Anonymous said...
January 4, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Both the girls and the quilts are too cute!!

Valerie said...
January 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Good job! Love the quilt!

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...
January 5, 2013 at 7:23 AM

So, so cute! Oh, and the quilts are too!

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.