Hoo’s in the Forest Tumbler Quilt

My awesome local sewing buddy moved back to Australia. It is sad. Very sad. I miss her and her family. I miss our crazy sewing days. I know that it was the best decision for her family and one day our paths will cross again until then there is all that social media stuff so we can chat sewing stuff.

Anyways she left a stack of scraps behind. Brie had made a darling quilt for her little girl out of this Riley Blake line. I figured that I could  probably make some other little girl a cute quilt with it too. So I took my tumbler template to all the scraps and there was enough to make a quilt.

I was suppose to practice FMQ but kinda failed. I will try again one day….

I love how bright and cheerful this quilt is. I hope it makes some little girl happy one day.

SDP-20130117-03

SDP-20130117-02

Linking to finish up friday at crazy mom quilts

5 comments:

Jessica said...
January 18, 2013 at 1:18 PM

ooh, love your tumblers. such a pretty color scheme too.
Here's hoping you find a new local quilting buddy soon~

Tessa @ TheSewingChick said...
January 18, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Looks yummy. I love a good tumbler quilt and this fabric is so sweet. It is fun to have a sewing buddy, I hope you can find a new one.
P.S. I want to see the dollhouse under the quilt :-)

Lisa said...
January 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Oh what sweet fabrics, this is adorable!

Deborah said...
January 18, 2013 at 4:38 PM

This is precious. I love tumbler quilts!

Ida said...
January 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM

So cute! Too bad you aren't keeping it at your house. It would remind you of your friend everytime you saw it. It's hard when sewing buddies move away. Being in the military, I'm usually the one leaving and that's hard too. Thank goodness for social media.

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.