Pincushions and a Needle book

I made a few more Anna Maria Horner Wildflower pincushions as gifts recently. You can find the pattern here. I love mine and have to say I could not sew without it! I really do not know how I had sewn for so long without one. You can’t really tell how big they are in the picture but they are about six inches wide. I used some Joel Dewberry Heirloom and a little Simply Color for those purple petals. I fill the pincushions with crushed walnut shells with a little bit of polyfill in the bottom where you need to hand sew.

SDP-20121117-01

I decided to make a little ruffled needle book to go with the pincushion that I was giving my Mom. It was so tiny that I decided to add a page to it to allow some more needles to fit! I found the tutorial for this one here at luvinthemommyhood. It was super quick and easy.

SDP-20121117-02

Linking to Thank Goodness it’s Friday Finish at Sewing by Moonlight and Finish it up Friday at crazy mom quilts

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
November 23, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Oh my goodness! They are so darling! This is the first I've seen that pincushion, but it will make a wonderful gift.

Cathy Tomm said...
November 23, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Cute pin cushion. I plan to catch out the pattern, thanks.

Katie Z. said...
November 23, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I love the needle book!

Little Island Quilting said...
November 23, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Really like your pin cushions

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...
November 23, 2012 at 5:56 PM

These are so cute! Love your color choices.

Jenniffier said...
November 23, 2012 at 8:44 PM

What a cute pin cushion. I need to make a pin cushion for our gift exchange with my quilt guild. I am going to go look at the pattern you suggested. Thanks!

Valspierssews said...
November 24, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Cute pin cushions. Love the fabrics. Thanks for the pattern link.

Lynette said...
November 24, 2012 at 5:44 AM

What pretty pin cushions!! Love that adorable needle book, too.

Quilted Lily said...
November 28, 2012 at 4:14 AM

Love your creations... thank you for sharing the links!

Very Shannon said...
December 4, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Awwww! yay! you did a great job!!! Love it!

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.