I set out to do this some time ago but never got around to it. I was even going to make the book with a bunch of people but that never happened either. I followed this tutorial at Everyday Celebrations blog.
I had a rough time finding enough fabric scraps for the colours orange and yellow but between what I had here and my Mom’s workroom I was able to get enough! A few changes I made was that I used grommets for the corners instead of cutting just a hole and a nice heavy key ring to hold them all together, I think that the binder ring would come apart too easily. (again the grommets were found in my Mom’s workroom, you have to love free things! and my sister found me the key ring). I also decided not to add words to my cover. Oh and I also sewed down the letters which was a pain in the butt but after making lots of felt stories and knowing felt doesn’t like much to stick to it I decided to stitch them along with the heat n bond. No peeling letter here!
That’s it! I am pretty happy with how it turned out, I hope she likes it! Now I have to decide on whether I am giving it to Lorelei for Christmas or her birthday.