A girly clutch ball and quilt squares….

  I made Lorelei a pretty clutch ball to kick around the house. She does love it!


On another note I have started cutting 4 inch quilt squares for Lorelei`s quilt. So far I have cut all the prints leaving just the plain beiges to cut. Here is a peek of the beautiful fabrics! Five of the prints are from Lila Tueller`s Santorini line.


Oh and for those who are wondering what pattern I am going to be using it is call the disappearing nine patch. I found a tutorial of it here. I am hoping that mine will look similar to this beautiful quilt that I found on Flickr. I found her quilt very inspiring. I also love how she used the white with the prints. I thinks it is less busy and frames the beautiful prints.

freshly washed + on the bed. by { philistine made }.

Yet another baby ball

I decided to make a friend a taggy baby ball for her sweet new little one. It was a quick sew compared to the clutch ball. I found the tutorial here. I wanted to add ribbon tags to it so I cut out about two inches folded them in half and sewed them on the edges before sewing the seams together. I added a bell inside it, which was pretty muted due to the poly fill. It is about the size of a softball perfect for little hands :)

SDP-20100219-2 SDP-20100219-3

Baby Clutch Ball

So I have been escaping reality by doing some sewing projects lately. My house is starting to look a little messy but I don’t really care at the moment. I decided to make a baby clutch ball after seeing them on etsy. I have to say that it was a lot of work and took a lot of time to make but I think that it will be enjoyed by the special someone who I made it for. Afterwards I said that I wasn’t going to make another but I think that Lorelei loved it! So I will have to make her one to kick around the house and such!

The pattern is here. I used the plump version of the pattern. It is about the size of a basketball. It seems perfect for little hands to grab onto as well.

SDP-20100217-34-Edit SDP-20100217-35

Knitting Needle Case

My Dear Grandmother has been knitting toques, mittens and slippers for the homeless. Last time I was at her house she had needles all over the place. I thought the she could use a little organization so I went online for a search for a tutorial and this is what I found, SDP-20100216-32 SDP-20100216-33

I pretty much followed the measurements and spacing the the pockets. I changed up a few things like not binding the outside of it instead sewing it together inside out and pulling it through to top stitch around the edge. I also put some stiff fabric in the inside to give it more substance. All in all it was a easy project just a pain to make sure you are stitching your pockets straight, I guess I should have some chalk for moments like that. I hope that she gets good use out of it.


I have fallen in love with felt food. I have collected pictures upon pictures of what I want to make for Lorelei. I know that she won’t be able to really play with them for a while but I want to build up a collection for when she is older. I really want to get her a play kitchen one day and I can just imagine the fun we will have.

My first felt food project were simple strawberries. I am pleased with how they turned out. Maybe next I will make something from the book Scott got me for Christmas, My Favourite Felt Sweets. Cakes, Cookies, Chocolates…hmmmmm so many yummy things to choose from.


Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.